10 Things to Do When You Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything

I can be pretty lazy. Sometimes I procrastinate so much I don’t get anything done. Other days my mood is just so low I don’t feel like doing anything and can’t even motivate myself to leave the house. It can be a struggle, but there are a couple of things I do from time to time when I don’t feel like doing anything at all. And they always cheer me up.

Shower

There’s nothing like a good shower. Heat on high, plenty of tunes and the best products makes a steam-filled paradise. I love it. Shower is like a mini therapy session, you can scream to your favourite song and feel way better than before. On you can relax with a face mask and let time pass by.

Glam Up

Sometimes when I’m super bored, stuck in my room and struggling for things to do, I just do my makeup. I’m not a beauty guru by any means and know next-to-nothing about cosmetics but it’s fun playing around with palettes. It’s a great time to practise the perfect winged liner, so when the occasion rises you’re fully prepared.

Re-arrange everything

I get the urge to change everything in my room at least once a month and it’s usually after a Pinterest binge or a room tour video on YouTube. One of my favourite reasons for switching my room up is because it feels like a refresh, and I’m usually quite inspired afterward. It doesn’t always mean buying everything in IKEA but working with what you’ve got and making the most of it to create something new.

Make Up a Story

This might seem like a strange suggestion but hear me out. A lot of creative people are constantly trying to come up with new ideas or something fresh, and films are a go-to when it comes to entertainment. So when you’re stuck for things to do, why not make up a little story and work on it. You never know, it could spike a brand new idea.

Drink

My beverage of choice would be water but some may have a different idea. When I have nothing to do, and don’t feel like doing anything, I just grab a glass of water and look forward to the future profits. Drinking water when you’re bored can grow into a habit which will only bring benefits like clearer skin, a more alert brain and a refreshed feeling.

Get outside

I’m always suggesting this on my blog but it works! When I don’t feel like doing anything, especially when I’m in a bad mood, I usually push myself to get outside – even if it’s just walking down the street and back up again. Usually, once you’re out the door you get the feeling of continuing your journey and before you know if you’re on a beautiful walk in the fresh air.

Exercise

The hardest step is starting. This is coming from someone who isn’t that keen on the idea of working out, it’s just not that fun in the beginning. But, exercise is the perfect thing to do when you don’t feel like doing anything at all. Not only does it produce endorphins to improve your mood, but it increases your fitness level and livens up the body a bit. When you lounge around, you become lethargic but working out reverses this feeling.

Create a New Wardrobe

One of the most enjoyable things for me is finding new clothes in my wardrobe that I completely forgot existed. It happens on a regular basis because I’m always losing things and never iron but it’s great to see them make their way back to me! When you find something new to wear, you obviously have to create and outfit to go with it and before you know it, you’ll be putting together a whole new closet.

Write

I like to write as a hobby, but it’s something I do most when I’m feeling bored or low. Writing is a form of expression and it’s good for the soul to get it all out on paper.. Sometimes the reason I don’t want to do anything is because I’m a little down or anxious – so I grab a pen and write.

Shop

I like to window shop because I’m not a big spender, and it might sound like something that would dampen the mood but it’s actually quite enjoyable. I love putting together a Wishlist of perfect products and then treating myself every so often. The best thing about shopping online is that you can browse thousands of clothes without leaving your bed. Perfect.





Comments

Popular Posts