September 2023 - Music

Album of the Month - GUTS by Olivia Rodrigo

Olivia Rodrigo is gearing up to share her sophomore record, Guts. Given the momentous success of her debut album SOUR, this project has been highly anticipated amongst Rodrigo’s circle of fans. She has been slowly releasing information about the album, generating more and more buzz. If you loved the teen angst on SOUR, you can rest easy. Rodrigo has already revealed that Guts will continue in the same vein.

“I feel like I grew 10 years between the ages of 18 and 20 — it was such an intense period of awkwardness and change,” Rodrigo said in a statement. “I think that’s all just a natural part of growth, and hopefully the album reflects that. I made the bulk of this album during my 19th year on this earth. A year that, for me, was filled with lots of confusion, mistakes, awkwardness & good old fashioned teen angst.”

Rodrigo worked closely with producer Dan Nigro on her debut album. It went so swimmingly that she tapped him again for Guts. The pair crafted the lead single “Vampire” together.




Comments

Popular Posts