May 2017 - Music

Album of the Month - Places by Lea Michele

Recording for Michele's second studio album began in April 2015. Shortly into the recording process, Michele stated that the album would be less pop-influenced than her debut, and would "[go] back to [her] roots" with a more theatrical sound. On January 11, 2017, Michele announced on social media that she would go on a mini tour in later that same month to promote her second album. She wrote, "My incredible fans have always been there for me. You inspire me. You've stood by me, cheered me on and lifted me up. When preparing for [this] upcoming album I wanted you all to know how important you are to me. These shows are a sneak peek into my upcoming album, as well as songs from Louder and maybe.. even a little Glee." An Intimate Evening with Lea Michele consisted of three shows in Los Angeles, New York and Santa Monica, which began on January 23 at the Hotel Café, and ended on January 30 at the Broad Stage. On January 26, 2017, while Michele was in the middle of her mini tour, it was announced the sophomore album would be titled Places. The title references the showtime call of "places" when working in live theatre. My personal favorites on this new Album is Run To You, Heavy Love, Anything's Possible, Sentimental Memories & Hey You. My rating 9/10.


Image result for lea michele places
 
Image result for lea michele places
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts